Enjoy!

Friday, January 3, 2014

Storage Unit / Bookshelf

My first thursday craftsday activity was to put together this Circo Double-Cube Storage Unit found at Target. My mom gave it to me to put in my daughter's room to help keep the clutter maintainable. This is what it looks like when I finished putting it together:

bookshelf organizer

Quaint, right? I love it. :) I have more books to put on it once my girl is a little bit older...

The ease of assembly was, from (easiest)1-5(most difficult) a 2. I was able to put it together by myself without a hitch and only took 20 minutes. If you're used to putting together Ikea furniture, it was much easier to put together than, for example, the Ikea tables or 4x4 box organizers. I needed a hammer, philip's screwdriver, and flat-head screwdriver. The only reason for the hammer is to pound some felt-tipped "buffers" on the bottom of the organizer, in case you were to put it on wood. I didn't really need them, but I put them on anyway so I wouldn't lose them.

To give you a better idea of the size, this is what it looks like next to a few toys and an Ikea rocking chair:


I think it's a wonderful addition to baby's room. She loves to take off the books and pull toys out from the bins (also available at Target) and then put them back again.

One more thing in case you're interested in getting one of these. This is the box it comes in:


For a wimp like me, this thing was HEAVY! But at least I know it's made of good material, right? :P It weighs 17 lbs and the box is pretty small and thin. So it's really compact.

So there you go! My first project of the year... and, as a miracle, I even finished this before 9:30am! I was on a roll yesterday.

Happy New Year 2014! This is going to be a great year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment